Oryza™ (oh-RAHYZ-uh) is an allergen-friendly, white crystal derived from the whole rice grain. This rice sugar is primarily composed of glucose, which is the body’s primary source of energy. Oryza has a perceived sweetness level of 120 giving it the perception that it is sweeter than raw sugar, thus a smaller quantity is needed. Oryza can naturally aid in the absorption of electrolytes in oral rehydration products including sports drinks, according to World Health Organization (WHO) research. At a Glycemic Index of 98, Oryza is the ideal choice for food products intended to supply an easily-digested and rapid source of energy such as those for athletes or endurance sports. Alternatively, the glycemic load of a product can be reduced and regulated with the addition of dietary protein, a natural blood sugar buffer.
The proprietary all natural, hydrolyzation process breaks down the starches, resulting in extremely versatile and relatively healthy sweetener.
Oryza™ contains no fructose, no allergens, no chemicals, no sulfites, no corn and no GMOs.
Advantages of Oryza
• Oral rehydration formulas used for years
• Natural cooling effect like Xylitol
• 100% naturally derived products unlike corn syrup solids which use hexane method with sulfites and sulfates
• Ease of plating flavors
• Great carrier for other ingredients
• Economically efficient
• Ease of use
• Clean label
• Beverages—sports drinks, tea, coffee, drink mixes
• Infant formula
• Nutraceuticals and pharmaceuticals
• Product substitution for high-fructose corn syrup solids
• Soy milk—lightly filtered rice syrup solids offset beany note more effectively than corn syrup solids
• Sports nutrition