Available in multiple versions, our signature VegOtein P™ is produced from U.S. and Canadian yellow non-GMO peas, using a natural chemical-free, water separation process. Different pea protein SKUs designed for different claims and budgets include 80% vs 85% protein levels, and conventional vs authentically certified organic. VegOtein P™ is available in one of the largest commercial supplies and delivers the most consistently enhanced sensory experience on the market.
As an excellent plant protein source, VegOtein P™ is rich both in iron and essential amino acids and especially high in Lysine and Arginine. It is being used as a replacement for and/or in conjunction with soy protein and whey protein in food grade products. It is also often blended with rice protein to complete the amino acid profile, as legumes and grains have complimentary amino acid levels.
In addition, it has a high level of functionality and can be utilized in a variety of foods and beverages where there is a need for protein enrichment. Available in conventional but ask about organic options.
Don’t forget to ask for added proof that this is one of a few truly organic pea options on the market today. Also, inquire about our low-sodium 80% conventional, plus our new meat analogue/extender pea protein SKUs.
In addition to these yellow pea options, also check out our green pea for the formulations requiring the most neutral flavor possible.
Advantages of VegOtein P
• Excellent egg replacer (See info sheet)
• Excellent source of iron
• Great tasting with easily masked flavor
• Aids in satiety as a dietary protein source
• Naturally cholesterol-free
• Environmentally friendly protein
• Intermediate absorption
• No contamination with growth hormones (rbst/bGH), anabolic steroids or antibiotics
• Baked products—muffins, cookies, crackers
• Catering and deli products—pâté, delicatessen meat, minced meat and reconstituted products
• Dairy products—soft white cheese and milk protein substitutes, yogurt, ice cream
• Encapsulation—flavors, essential oils, polyunsaturated fatty acids, fat-soluble vitamins, etc.
• Infant/toddler nutrition—milk powders/infant formulas
• Snacks and cereals—crunchy and high protein products
• Sports nutrition formulations—protein mix and bars, high protein pasta
• Weight management and high protein formulations—nutrition bars, pasta, biscuits, mixes, meal replacers
• Ease of dry flow
• Off-flavor masking
• Texture and smoothness
• Oil-retainance and gelation